- 1 large loaf French bread, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 to 3 ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped green olives
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
Drizzle the bread evenly with the olive oil. Arrange the sliced tomatoes on both halves. Sprinkle with the olives, capers and cheese. Place the bread on a sheet pan and bake at 375 degrees F. for about 10 minutes. Slice and serve immediately. For another version, add 1/2 lb crumbled, cooked Italian sausage on top of the cheese before heating.