Poulet A La Bonne Femme
- 1 lb breakfast bacon
- 2 fryers, each about 2-1/2 lbs, cut into serving pieces
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Poultry seasoning
- 10 medium red potatoes, peeled and sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 large onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley or Zatarain's Parsley Flakes
In a large heavy cast-iron pot, fry the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon and drain on paper towels. Set aside. Season the chicken with salt, cayenne and black pepper. Brown the chicken pieces evenly in the bacon drippings. Remove the chicken pieces and drain on paper towels. Next, brown the potatoes in the bacon drippings. Remove the potatoes and drain on paper towels. Drain off the bacon drippings, leaving four Tbsp in the pot. In the pot, make a layer of chicken, then top with a layer of potatoes, then onions, then bacon.
Sprinkle a couple of pinches of poultry seasoning, salt, cayenne and black pepper. Repeat the process. Then sprinkle the top with the green onions and parsley. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Cover the pot and bake for about 40 minutes. Uncover the pot and cook uncovered for about 15 minutes more. Serve with French bread and a tart green salad. Yield: about 8 to 10 servings.
There are no products matching the selection.