Spinach Stuffed Tomatoes
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 (10-ounce) package of frozen chopped spinach
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped green onions
- 1 Tbsp minced parsley or Zatarain's Parsley Flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fine white bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
Preheat the oven to 350º F. Cut off the top one-third of the tomatoes and scoop out the pulp. Sprinkle the cavities with salt, then turn them cavity-side down to drain on paper towels for 10 minutes. Cook the spinach according to package directions. Drain and squeeze dry. Fill the tomatoes with the spinach. In a skillet, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic, green onions, parsley, salt and pepper. Sauté for three minutes. Spoon the mixture over the spinach. Sprinkle with tops with the cheese and bread crumbs. Place the stuffed tomatoes in a shallow baking dish and add the chicken broth to the bottom of the dish. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese melts. Makes 4 servings.
There are no products matching the selection.