- 2 lbs American or Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 (15-ounce) cans white or green asparagus stalks
- Tony Chachere's Famous Creole Seasoning
- 1 tsp Tabasco Coarse Ground Mustard
- Thick slices of toasted French bread or brioche
Melt the cheese in the top of a double boiler. Add the milk, a little at a time, stirring constantly, until the sauce is smooth and thick. Add the asparagus and season with Tony Chachere's Famous Creole Seasoning. Add the mustard and stir to blend. Spoon the mixture over the toast and serve hot. Serves 8 to 10.