Live Crawfish Field Run Sack w/ Seasoning
Have A Question For This Product?
A: Each sack is 30 lbs
Live Crawfish - Field Run
Our price includes FEDEX Priority Next Day, so that your order arrives by 12 pm NOON (in most areas) the next day and covers the cost of the Louisiana crawfish.
This package does include seasoning - Cajun.com Crawfish boil seasoning.
Live Louisiana Crawfish orders must be received before 11:00 AM CST to be shipped the same day (to arrive the next day).
Explanation of crawfish grades and sizes:
- Field Run 18/24 cnt per lbs.
- Belle River 12/20 cnt per lbs.
- Select 11/16 cnt per lbs.
- Jumbo U/12 cnt per lbs.
Field Run includes medium & small crawfish. Shipped anywhere in the lower 48 United States*. Orders placed by 11:00 a.m. will ship the same day. This package includes 30 pounds of live field run crawfish, reusable cooling packs, cajun.com seafood boil seasoning, and seafood container (reusable cooler). 30 lbs. serves 4-6 people. Fedex charges a $15 surcharge for Saturday delivery. Call us at 1-888-272-9347 if you need assistance to Buy Crawfish.
*We are unable to ship Live crawfish to Hawaii, Washington, Michigan, Idaho, Illinois, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, or Oregon due to restrictions by the Department of Wildlife and Fisheries. If you would like live crawfish delivered to the state of Oregon, you may obtain a permit from Rick Boatner at (503)947-6300. If you would like live crawfish delivered to the state of Idaho you may obtain a permit from Bethany Gaddis at (208)332-8626. (If you live in these states, We can however ship you already boiled crawfish)
Cajun Grocer takes extra steps to send you the freshest crawfish straight from the farm. Our crawfish are fished and shipped the same day. Our crawfish are cleaned, graded and shipped in custom styrofoam coolers with gel packs to insure that your crawfish arrive in excellent condition. This shipping procedure guarantees a fresh product delivered via FEDEX.
***A 20% restocking fee is charged for any cancellation on live crawfish after order is placed.***
Keeping Your Crawfish Alive Upon Arrival:
If you receive your live crayfish the day before your boil, simply take your crawfish sack and hose them down and place them back in a cooler with a sealed bag of ice. Make sure to open drain hole so they won’t be submerged in standing water. Keep them in a cool place and out of the heat. Your garage is the perfect spot until you're ready to boil.
How To Purge Live Crawfish
- Hose crawfish sack with water thoroughly.
- Empty sack into cooler, ice chest or tub and rinse again (keep drain hole open).
- Close drain hole, sprinkle 1 (16oz.) can of table salt over one sack and add enough water to cover crawfish to purge.
- Let stand for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and repeat above process (1x or 2x).
How To Boil Crawfish (Crawfish Boil)
- Fill large pot with enough water to cover seafood.
- Add our Cajun.com Seafood Boil seasoning mix and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add crawfish. Return to a rolling boil. Boil crawfish 5 minutes.
- Turn fire off and let crawfish soak for 20 to 25 minutes (to you desired spice level).
- Peel ‘em while they're hot and enjoy......
2-4 lbs per sack is normal deadloss from January through March because of temperature changes, molting, and fog. Later on as crawfish shells harden and the weather warms up, dead crawfish should become less of an issue. When the wild spillway crawfish kick in you should definitely see about 1.5-2lbs a sack. If you recieve more deadloss than this in a sack of crawfish from us, please take a video and submit a ticket on our website. Pictures are not acceptable.