Zatarains Red Beans & Rice 12 oz
- Brand: Zatarain's
- Product Code: 071429089396
- UPC Code : 071429089396
- $4.99 $3.80
- 8 or more $3.17
Tags: Zatarains Red Beans & Rice 12 oz, 071429089396, Dry Mixes
Have A Question For This Product?
There are no questions for this product.
Zatarains Family Size Red Beans & Rice 12 oz
This flavorful dish is perfect as a side or jazzed up as a meal. With pre-cooked red beans and bell peppers, you can enjoy the authentic flavor and soul of New Orleans in less than 30 minutes.
A quintessential New Orleans dish, traditionally prepared on Mondays when a long stovetop simmer gave home cooks time to do laundry. Today, red bean lovers rely on Zatarain’s for classic flavor in a fraction of the time. Enjoy Zatarain’s Red Beans & Rice as a main course or side dish. Supplement with sausage, ham or pork chops, or hold the meat and have a tasty vegetarian meal. However you prepare it, Zatarain’s Family Size Red Beans & Rice Mix is hearty but not heavy, packed full of flavor and an instant crowd-pleaser. Family Size means six servings per box – 50% more than regular size boxes.
- Features long grain white rice and tender red beans
- Contains blend of seasonings, including hickory smoke flavor
- Prepared and on the table in less than 30 minutes
- Serve as a side dish or complete meal with the addition of meat
- Can be made on the stove top or in the microwave
- One 12-ounce box
- Made with Enriched Rice, Kidney Beans, Garlic, and Soy Sauce
- Low in fat and high in iron; 50% larger than normal size
- Makes a quick and easy dish or meal.
- Bring the bold flavors of New Orleans to your table
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. MIX 4 1/2 cups water, Rice Mix and 2 tbsp. butter, margarine or olive oil in 3-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir occasionally to prevent rice and beans from sticking.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Serving Suggestion: Add a pound of sliced sausage to make a complete meal.
1. MIX 4 1/2 cups hot water, Rice Mix and 2 tbsp. butter, margarine or olive oil in 3-quart microwavable bowl until well blended. Cover.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 18 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking times as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.
Enriched Long Grain Parboiled Rice (Rice, Iron, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid), Red Beans, Enriched Wheat Flour (Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Salt, Onion, Yeast Extract, Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Red and Green Bell Pepper, Malted Barley Flour, Garlic, Potassium Chloride, Spices (Including Paprika, Red Pepper), Citric Acid, Extractives of Paprika & Natural Flavor.