Savoie's Light Roux
Have A Question For This Product?
Q: What is the shelf life for this roux? What is the shelf life for this roux?
A: Store it in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 months, or freeze it for up to a year. You can place dollops on a sheet pan and put them into a freezer bag once they're frozen, or freeze your roux in ice cube trays.
If you like your gumbo, stew or gravy to have a lighter color, try Savoie's® Light Roux. Like Savoie's® Old Fashioned Roux (Dark), this product is made with 100% vegetable oil and contains No Cholesterol. Some traditional Louisiana recipes, such as etouffees and bisques, call for a milder flavor and a lighter color. This roux is the perfect ingredient.
Unit Size: 16 oz. (1 lbs.)
Recipes: Savoie's® Authentic Seafood Gumbo
- 3 quarts water
- 4 heaping tablespoons of Savoie's Roux
- 2 lbs. fresh peeled shrimp
- 1 can or 1 lb. fresh crabmeat
- 1 lb. crawfish (if desired)
- 1 pint oysters
- 1 large onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 garlic pods
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Dissolve roux in water over medium heat and let boil for 1/2 hour.
- Add chopped vegetables and cook over low heat for 1/2 hour.
- Add all seafood, chopped green onion and parsley and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice in Tabasco® Gumbo Bowls.
|Ingredients||Enriched Flour, Vegetable oil, [cottonseed, corn or rice oil (antioxidant [TBHQ & citric])], hydrogenated palm oil. Contains wheat ingredients.|
|Size||16 oz. (1 lbs.)|
|Calories from fat||40|
|Serving per container||30|
|Serving Size||2 tsp (15g)|