Baked Fish Fillets
- September 09, 2020
Dr. Gumbo's St. Stevie Sauce is a glorious addition to baked fish, made with shrimp. It, too, is great tossed with pasta, but hey, you can also serve it over grilled, baked or fried fish.
BAKED FISH FILLETS Makes 4 servings
- 4 catfish fillets, each about 8 ounces
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 6 tablespoons bread crumbs
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Lemon wedges for garnish
Louisiana Baked Fish Fillets Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400 ° F.
- Butter a baking dish large enough to hold the fish in one layer with four tablespoons of the butter.
- Season the fish with salt, cayenne and black pepper and put into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the fish with the green onions and half of the wine.
- Mix together the remaining wine with the mustard and brush the tops of the fish with this mixture.
- Sprinkle the fish with the bread crumbs and dot with the remaining butter.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Then turn on the broiler to high and run the baking dish under it.
- Broil until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Do not overcook.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and serve immediately with the lemon wedges and warmed Dr. Gumbo's St. Stevie Sauce.