Camellia Small Red Beans
Have A Question For This Product?
There are no questions for this product.
Camellia Small Red Beans - Frijoles Rojos Pequeños
Camellia Small Reds are smaller and darker in color than Camellia Red Kidney Beans, and their shape is closer to that of Camellia Black Beans.
These colorful, diminutive red beans possess a rich, nutty flavor that holds up beautifully when seasoned with lots of peppery heat.
Like all of our beans, Camellia Small Reds are non-GMO, gluten-free, and meet the “Hayward Standard”– the name our growers gave our bean quality standard – which exceeds the top USDA requirements. Try some today – we think you’ll taste the difference.
Small Reds hold their shape during cooking, making them perfect for simmered dishes. They are featured in soups, stews and chilis across the Caribbean and the Americas. Like their “cousin” the Red Kidney Bean, they are versatile: they can be seasoned with sausage or ham, but can offer plenty of rich flavor when prepared vegetarian or vegan. When combined with rice, red beans make a complete protein source, and, therefore, are ideal as a substitute for meat. Small Red beans, like many kinds of legumes, must be fully boiled or otherwise cooked before being eaten as they contain natural toxins that are destroyed in the cooking process.
- Dry Small Red Beans: Smaller and darker in color than red kidney beans, their shape is closer to that of black beans. These colorful beans have a rich, nutty flavor that holds up when seasoned with peppery heat
- Hearty and Nutritious: Simmer them or use for soups, stews and side dishes. Add them to lamb, create a snack for the day, or a warm porridge for the evening. A great source of protein for vegans and vegetarians
- Gluten-Free: Packed with essential vitamins, antioxidants, and electrolytes, each bag of beans contains protein and fiber. Our gluten-free and non-GMO dry beans, peas and lentils are USA grown
- Serious About Beans: Get the best bean for your favorite dinner or dip recipe! Choose from 19 varieties of red kidney, navy, lima, Great Northern, pinto, black, garbanzo, blackeye, split peas, and lentils
- Camellia Quality: A family-owned company and New Orleans favorite, Camellia prides itself on offering beans, peas, and lentils to nurture families, traditions and memories