Camellia Brand Dry Large Lima Beans 1lb 12 Pack
Have A Question For This Product?
There are no questions for this product.
Camellia Large Lima Beans 1lb 12 Pack (Butter Beans)
New Orleans Camellia beans and peas have been around for over 80 years, they're a true New Orleans institution. Camellia beans and peas are naturally grown.
Camellia Brand Large Lima Beans, also known as "butter beans," are high in fiber and trace minerals. Plus, they're super hearty and impart a deliciously earthy and buttery flavor. What more could a hungry soul ask for? Cook them all day in chicken stock in a slow cooker to make them creamy and velvety. Butter beans are a staple in the American South, from Native American succotash as a side dish to a main meal like Kentucky Burgoo (a savory stew commonly served at Kentucky Derby Day parties).
Unit Size: 1 lb. (453g) X 12
- Taste the Difference: Also known as butter beans, Camellia Large Lima Beans have a savory, buttery, earthy flavor and pack a punch with 13 grams of fiber and 15 grams of protein per serving
- Hearty and Nutritious: Add cooked beans to potatoes and peas; mix with spices, corn and tomatoes; spoon over basmati rice; or use in a stew. A great source of protein for vegans and vegetarians
- Gluten-Free: Packed with essential vitamins, antioxidants, and electrolytes, each bag of beans contains protein and fiber. Our gluten-free and non-GMO dry beans, peas and lentils are USA grown
- Serious About Beans: Get the best bean for your favorite dinner or dip recipe! Choose from 19 varieties of red kidney, navy, lady cream, Great Northern, pinto, black, garbanzo, blackeye, split peas, and lentils
- Camellia Quality: A family-owned company and New Orleans favorite, Camellia prides itself on offering beans, peas, and lentils to nurture families, traditions and memories
What are the big lima beans called?
The larger, moon-shaped limas (also called butter beans) are used in a variety of dishes. In America, they are featured in succotash and sugar bean recipes, as well as Kentucky burgoo, a savory stew commonly served at Derby Day parties.
What are large butter beans called?
Butter beans, lima beans, dried lima beans, large limas, pocketbook beans, mule ears, the list goes on and on. These delicious dried beans go by a host of different names. The truth is, they're lima beans. Many of you call these large dried beans butter beans.
|Size||1 lb. (453g) X 12|
|Calories from fat||6|
|Dietary fiber per unit||52|
|Serving per container||6|
|Serving Size||1 cup cooked (188g)|
|Sodium per unit||0|
|Total carbs per unit||13|
|Total fat per unit||1|