- September 09, 2020
Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and cayenne to taste
- 1/2 pound regular lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1/2 pound claw meat
- 1/4 cup dried fine bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
SautÃ© the green onions, celery, and bell peppers in the butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Blend in the flour. Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick and creamy.
Add the lemon juice and season with salt and cayenne. Gently stir in the crabmeat. Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased baking dish. Top with the bread crumbs and cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and lightly brown on top.