Crawfish Stuffed Bread
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 lb crawfish tails, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- ½ tsp crushed basil
- 1 tsp jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- Creole seasoning to taste
- 4 oz shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 4 oz shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3 (1 lb) loaves frozen bread dough, thawed for 5 hours
- Melted butter
In a large saucepan, melt ½ cup butter. Add the garlic, onion and bell pepper and sauté for 10 to 15 minutes. Add crawfish, green onion tops, basil, jalapeno peppers and creole seasoning and sauté for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat completely and stir in cheese. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out 1 loaf of dough to make a 10X20-inch rectangle. Cut rectangle in half to make 2 10-inch squares. Spread approximately 1 cup of the crawfish and cheese mixture on one side of one of the squares of dough. Roll dough tightly, beginning on the side with the mixture, folding in the edges as you roll to seal mixture in. Place the seam face down on a nonstick baking sheet, making sure all edges are sealed. Repeat with remaining dough and crawfish mixture. Bake at 375 degrees or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack and brush with melted better immediately. Serve hot. Makes 6 large rolls and serves 30 people.
There are no products to list in this category.