- 2 quarts fresh corn kernels
- 1 large cabbage, chopped
- 7 cups chopped celery
- 4 fresh green cayenne peppers, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 4 fresh red cayenne peppers, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 6-1/2 cups chopped red bell peppers
- 6-1/2 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 (2-ounce) box of dry mustard
- 2 lbs sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp turmeric
- 2 quarts while distilled vinegar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
Combine all of the ingredients in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat and mix well. Bring to a boil, and cook for one hour, stirring often. Pack in hot sterilized pint-size canning jars, leaving a one-fourth inch space at the top of each jar. Wipe the jar rims with a clean, damp cloth, fit them with hot lids, and tightly screw on the metal rings. Process in a bath of boiling water for 10 minutes (the water should cover the jars by about one inch), cool on a wire rack, then store in a cool, dark place. Makes about 7 pints.
There are no products to list in this category.